Metron's staff is composed of scientists and engineers from a wide range of disciplines. Supporting their efforts is a dedicated staff of technical and administrative personnel who share a common goal of excellence.
An excellent staff produces excellent work, so it is no surprise that several of Metron's projects receive accolades. Metron and its staff receive many letters of appreciation and commendation as well as industry awards that recognize our innovations in technology through science. The people at Metron have one goal: to produce cutting-edge, quality work. Recognition from our peers and clients is proof positive that we indeed achieve our goal.
As one of our major clients, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has repeatedly recognized our work and the outstanding contributions of our staff to DoD projects. In 1997, Metron's APPEX project was granted the Award of Excellence by Assistant Secretary of the Navy to recognize the first shipboard demonstration of a distributed, collaborative strike planning system. That same year, Metron's support in JTFEX received the NAVSEA PMS-210 Program Managers Award.
- National Academy of Engineering membership awarded to Dr. L. D. Stone, 1999.
- Secretary of the Navy's Distinguished Public Service Award given to Dr. T. L. Corwin for his work for the U.S. submarine force in the Pacific Ocean.
- Award for Excellence given by Assistant Secretary of the Navy in recognition of Metron's APPEX project, 1997.
- NAVSEA PMS-210 Program Manager's Award given in recognition of Metron's support of the Joint Fleet Exercise, 1997.
- Certificate of Excellence for Acquisition Reform awarded to Tom Stefanick by PEO(LMW), 1997, 1996.
- Operations Research Society of America's Lanchester Prize awarded to Dr. L. D. Stone for his book Theory of Optimal Search, 1975.
- Letter of Commendation from the Deputy Director, Missile Defense Agency, to Ronald Van Iwaarden for his participation at the 9th Annual U.S. Missile Defense Conference.
- Citations for Professional Service awarded to Mr. Michael McAneny and Mr. Patrick Kennedy from Rear Admiral Kendall L. Card, Director of Concepts Strategies and Integration for Information Dominance OPNAV N2/N6F, for exemplary performance from December 2009 to May 2010 in support of a successful Sponsor Program Proposal (SPP) brief.
- Letter of Appreciation from Rear Admiral R. B. Murrett, Director of Naval Intelligence to Mr. William Decker for Metron support to Red Lens, 3 January 2006.
- Letter of Appreciation from VADM J. A. Sestak, Jr., Deputy Chief of Naval Operations, Warfare Requirements and Programs (N6/N7), to Dr. Mike Atamian, for Metron support to Time Critical Strike Information Operations Modeling, 7 June 2005.
- Letter of Appreciation from Mr. Mark Lokay, CNO N25, to Mr. Bill Decker, for Metron support to Red Lens Modeling.
- Letter of Commendation from the Chief of Naval Operations, Assessment Division, N81, to Jeffery A. Jones for performance in the preparation of the CNO's 2004 Investment Review, 11 May 2004.
- Letter of Commendation from Carl P. Banner, Vice President, Technical Operations, Lockheed Martin NE&SS Advanced Systems, to Metron's Simulation Sciences Division, Dr. Mike Atamian, Jeff Jones, and Jeff Monroe for "tireless and effective support" to critical LM NE&SS programs, 8 December 2000.
- Letter of Appreciation from Command Officer, Sea-Based Weapons and Advanced Tactics School (SWATS), Pacific, for Bill Decker's "outstanding support and dedication" during the Navy Battle Group ASW assessment conducted for Commander, Naval Air Force, U. S. Pacific Fleet and Commander, Third Fleet. 9 February 1999.
- Bravo Zulu message from Vice Admiral Doran for NSS participation in Fleet Battle Experiment Delta (FBE-D), 10 November 1998.
- Bravo Zulu message from Vice Admiral H. A. Browne for NSS participation in PAC JTFEX 98-1, 23 April 1998.
- Letter of Appreciation from Commanding Officer, Helicopter ASW Squadron Light (HSL) 94B for Metron support in JTFEX, 24 September 1997.
- Certificate of Appreciation from Captain Matt G. Moffit, Commander Carrier Air Wing Three, for support to JTG 97-1 during 23rd Mediterranean Deployment, 25 November 1996 to 22 May 1997.
- Certificate of Excellence in Acquisition from John W. Douglas, Assistant Secretary of the Navy, for Research, Development, and Acquisition, March 1997.
- Implicit Searches in Combat Models by Dr. Benjamin Regala designated Best Presentation in Working Group 6, Littoral Warfare and Regional Sea Control Award, at the 65th Military Operations Research Society (MORS) Symposium, 1997.
- Letter of Appreciation from Rear Admiral George F. A. Wagner, Commander, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, to Metron's Federal Division for the APPEX advanced technology demonstration onboard USS Theodore Roosevelt, 24 October 1996.
- Bravo Zulu message from Vice Admiral C. C. Lautenbacher, Jr., for NSS participation in support of PAC JTFEX 96-1, 12 April 1996.
- Letter of Appreciation from Admiral R. D. Williams for support of Magic Lantern integration and testing on the MH-53E helicopter, 11 September 1995.
- Letter from Paul Bavitz, Vice President, Advanced Programs, Grumman Aircraft Systems, in recognition of the "magnificent performance of your San Diego office in support of Composite Warfare Model prototype development," 1 November 1991.